Modified from Nom Nom Paleo’s recipe: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/37988064841/paleo-shrimp-stuffed-mushrooms. Serves four. Can be saved overnight and reheated successfully.
· 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
· 2 Tablespoons neutral oil or melted butter/ghee
· 1 lb fresh or frozen raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
· 3 scallions chopped
· Big handful chopped cilantro
· 1 tbs fish sauce or soy sauce
· Diced jalapeno or hot sauce to taste
· Black pepper to taste
· Salt to taste
· Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
· Clean the portobellos and remove the stems. Palce the mushrooms gill-side down on the baking sheet and brush with the oil or butter. Roast for ~15 minutes.
· While mushrooms are cooking, put everything else in a food processer. Pulse the ingredients until it becomes a coarsely chopped sticky paste.
· Pull the mushrooms out of the over and flip over so the gills face up and make a nice little cup. Spoon in a quarter of shrimp paste into each mushroom.
· Pop back into the oven and cook for ~15 more minutes.
· Serve with more hot sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, etc. and enjoy!