- 3 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese (about 10 ounces)
Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil around the bottom of a heavy pot or dutch oven with a top. Put half the shrimp over the oil. Scatter half the garlic, half the parsley, half the chili powder and half the salt over the shrimp. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange the rest of the shrimp on top. Scatter the rest of the garlic, parsley, chili powder and salt. Drizzle on 2 more tablespoons of olive oil. Cover the pot and turn the heat to medium high. Cook for 8 minutes or until the shrimp have lost their raw color. Pour in lemon juice and scatter the feta cheese on top. Baste the shrimp with a few spoons of sauce from the bottom of the pot, and gently jiggle the pot to distribute the sauce throughout. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until the feta is just melted.