Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Here’s how it works: Mix ingredients from each category in a blender. Blend until smooth in your blender, magic bullet, etc. Enjoy! Makes one 2.5 cup serving.
2/3-1 cup High-protein, creamy dairy (yogurt, greek yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese). If you are dairy sensitive, you can use coconut, soy yogurt, or silken tofu.
1/2 A banana or sweet potato
1-2 tbsp High Fiber seeds (Flax, hemp, chia)
¼ cup Nuts and larger seeds (Cashews, Almonds, Peanuts, Walnuts, Pecans, Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts) You can also use nut butters.
1 ½- 2 cups Fresh or frozen fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, Oranges, Peaches, Apples, whatever you like!) You can also add greens like spinach and kale to this, and veggies like carrot, beet, etc.
½ cup Liquid(milk, alternative milks like almond and soy, water, juice)
Optional (~2tbsp) Flavorings(Cocoa powder, cacao nibs, Lemons, Limes, Orange peel, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, dates, raisins)
Some favorite combinations:
· Yogurt/Kefir, banana, hemp, cashew, kiwi, cantaloupe, almond milk and lime
· Yogurt, sweet potato, pecans/pumpkin seeds, flax, oranges, almond milk, dates, vanilla and cinnamon
· Cottage cheese, banana, almonds, flax, blueberries, almond milk, lemon
· Cottage cheese, banana, almond, flax, oranges, almond milk, orange peel and almond extract
· Yogurt/Kefir, banana, peanuts/peanut butter, chia, blueberries and blackberries, almond milk, raisins
If you don’t want to measure everything out meticulously (early in the morning!), you can easily make cup marks on your blender. Just pour 1 liquid cup in your blender, and mark the level on the side with a permanent marker. Add another liquid cup and repeat until you’ve marked up the volume of your blender.