Ingredients For the crockpot:
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups potatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 2 cups green lentils
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8-10 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
Add at the end:
- 2-3 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup olive oil - rosemary olive oil or other herb infused oil is delicious
- a swish of apple cider vinegar to add a nice tangy bite
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Place about 4 cups of soup in a blender with the olive oil. Pulse gently until semi-smooth and creamy-looking (the oil will form a creamy emulsion with the soup). Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the kale and parsley. Turn the heat off and just let everything chill out for a bit before serving. Your house is going to smell great!
- Season to taste (add your apple cider vinegar at this point for some really good flavor. I served mine with a roasted turkey and sharp cheddar open face sandwich on sprouted wheat bread. Enjoy!