- head of fresh kal
- toasted, salted pepitas
- shredded carrot
- brown rice (or any warm grain)
- Annies lemon chive dressing
- chicken (optional)
The hardest part of this recipe is cleaning and massaging the kale down so it is edible. I would reccommend doing an entire bunch of kale at one time and then putting the leftovers in a ziplock bag with a paper towel to keep out the moisture. That way you only have to do the prep once and you can eat the kale for the next 4 days.
I posted a video below that demostrates the best way to prepare kale for this or any salad. After getting your greens ready add the dressing and toss to coat. Then you simply add the shredded carrots, pepitas and brown rice. I garnish this salad with sliced avocado and shredded rotisserie chicken.
If you are making this for the week here are a few tips to help simplify the process:
1) Put your greens, carrots and sliced avocado into your single serving tupperwares ahead of time, but leave out the remaining ingrediants.
2) Portion out your grains into 1/2 C- 1C servings and put that in a seperate tupperware with your chicken.
3) Put 2 tbsp of the pepitas in a plastic bag to keep fresh and crunchy.
*The salad will taste better if you assemble it fresh each day.