- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (this recipe works better if you buy these thin slices)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black peppe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 C chicken stock
- 1 large lime
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 C full fat coconutmilk
- 1 tbsp arrow root powder (optional if you want your sauce thicker)
1) Sprinkle your chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add your coconut oil to the skillet to melt over medium heat. Add your chicken breast and brown on each side for 5-7 minutes. It does not have to be cooked all the way through. Set aside on a plate.
2) Add your chopped onion to the skillet and sauté till soft. Add your chicken stock, lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes and bring to a boil. After your mixture is boiling reduce it to a simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Add your coconut milk. Bring your mixture back up to a boil and then reduce it once again to a simmer for 5 minutes. If your sauce still isn't thick enough add step 4 in. If your a happy with the thickness go right to step 5.
4) *If you are using the arrow root, dissolve it with 1 tbsp water and add it to your skillet. Bring the whole mixture to a boil again and then reduce it to a simmer.
5) Add the chicken back to your skillet. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Serve over rice with some additional cilantro and veggies!