- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 large chicken breast
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt, pepper and thyme to taste
- olive oil for pan
1) Sauté diced bacon, onion and garlic in a few tablespoons of olive oil in your pan. Add this to the bottom of the crockpot.
2) Place your 3 chicken breast over the mixture. Cover the chicken breast with the chopped carrots and celery.
3) Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Layer them on the top of the crockpot.
4) Season your soup with salt, pepper and thyme then fill the remaining room in the pot with your chicken broth.
5) Cover and cook for 8 hours on high. This will allow the potatoes to start to disintegrate. Once done, stir vigorously for 60 seconds to mix ingredients and make the soup creamy and delicious! I top mine with a little shredded cheese and chives!